Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Ya Gotta Love Living in the South

It is already so hot this summer!  I am really enjoying the hot weather since, for some reason, this past winter seemed so long and cold to me.  I was truly ready for some warmer weather when it came this time.  It's usually the hottest in July and August, though, so I'm wondering what we'll be in for during the next couple of months! 

The weather here is always pretty humid too, so that can make it feel a lot hotter than it actually is.  So far our high temperatures have been around the mid 90s.  It has probably gotten higher than that a few times.  I don't watch the temperature very closely.  I've checked the heat index a few times lately though, and it's been around 105 to 110! 

I started thinking about the temperature this morning when I went outside.  I have white rocking chairs on my front porch, and they have been looking a little grungy for the last few weeks.  I clean them every spring or in early summer so we can enjoy sitting in them all summer and not come away covered in a dusty film!  I have been putting off cleaning them, but I decided I could put it off no longer! 

I knew it would be too hot later in the day, so I went outside at about 7:45 this morning to do the dreaded task.  It took me about an hour to do the whole job.  By the time I was finished, I was soaking wet from head to toe.  And I had been cleaning them in the shade, too! 

Since I live in the South, I just know that it's going to be blazing hot every summer, and I try not to let it bother me too much.  I suppose I get my "reward" during the winter when my friends who live in other areas of the country are freezing half to death while those of us who live in the South may or may not even need a jacket most days. 

I'd love to hear what you love about the weather (or anything else!) in the state or area of the country that you live in if you'd like to share it!   Wherever you are, though, I hope you are enjoying your summer.
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Hot, hot, hot in Louisiana. Our early morning activity lately has been picking blueberries. One morning last week we got a later start than usual and I actually had sweat running into my eye. It was comical. (And yes, I love it!) :)This summer so far has been filled with fruit and vegetables, so canning and freezing have been filling my days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the south too!

    I enjoy the hot weather but always enjoy spring and fall the most. We get mild temps and beautiful colors!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not much that's better than fresh fruits and veggies!! That sounds wonderful! I have two small blueberry bushes that I planted a couple of years ago, but I can pick all the berries off them in about 10 minutes right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, I just read Debras post about how peaceful your blog was, so I went on over! HA
    I am now a follower.
    I live in Oklahoma, so i understand the heat. It has been miserable here. I have been needing to weed the flower beds, but it is too hot. I will have to wait until the evenings to do that work.
    We go to the lake a lot!
    I'll see you around the forums!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rodna,

    I'm so glad you came to visit and to sign up to follow my blog. :) I'll check to be sure I'm following yours too. Where did Debra post about my blog? I'll have to be sure to thank her!

    I need to do some work in my flowers too, but I completely understand about the heat. I think I will try to get up early on Saturday and do some. Then I can finish later that evening if I don't get done.

    I'm off to your blog now! (Mine was designed by eLisa at eSpecially Simple. She was great,and I loved how she made-over my blog.)

    ReplyDelete