Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Five Questions Friday

Have you ever read the Five Questions Friday meme at the Five Crooked Halos blog?  I don't participate in memes on a regular basis, but I thought this one might be fun, so today I will answer her five questions, and I invite you to read my answers and to hop over to her blog and read some other folks' answers as well if you're interested. 

1.  What is the first nightmare you remember?

I remember a nightmare I had when I was very young.  I'm not absolutely sure it was the first one I remember, but it is the most vivid.  I dreamed that I was at my grandmother's house hiding under an enormous mushroom in her back yard.  There was a big black bull roaming around in the yard, and I was hiding from it.  Then I was suddenly walking down the road that passes by her house.  I passed by a house and heard dogs barking in some kind of enclosure that was built into the ground so that I couldn't see the dogs but could only hear them.  I threw a conch shell into the enclosure where the dogs were.  I was afraid the dogs would chase me, so I tried to run.  I felt like my whole body was made of lead, though, and I could hardly move--much less run.  Then, thankfully, I woke up and realized it was all just a dream.  I think I actually had that dream more than once.


2. Even if you're not a sports fan, what's your favorite sport to play/watch?

I enjoy watching figure skating and women's gymnastics when they are available--especially during the Olypmics.  I also enjoy watching swimming and diving events.
3. If you could pull off one piece of trendy fashion, what would you want it to be (jeggings, hats, thigh high boots, etc.)?

I actually would rather my hair be trendy and fashionable than my clothing.  I have always loved long hair that is rather straight but layered so that it curves around the face and kind of goes in all directions.  (I'm not a big fan of hers, but Jennifer Anniston's hair is--or at least used to be--that way.) 

4. Did you make good grades in school?

Yes, I always made very good grades in school.  I actually enjoyed doing my school work most of the time.  I still love learning.  In fact, that is one of the reasons that I particularly enjoy homeschooling my kids.  I completely enjoy teaching them and learning right along with them.
5. What magazines do you subscribe to?

I suscribe to the Reader's Digest and The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.  I also subscribe to a cooking magazine called Simple and Delicious (by the Taste of Home folks).  If I had to choose just one magazine to subscribe to, it would definitely be The Old Schoolhouse (a Christian homeschooling magazine). 

I hope you enjoyed this meme!  Maybe you would like to post your own answers.  If so, please remember to link back to the Five Crooked Halos blog with your post.  :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment