Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September Daybook Entry

I participated at least once before in the Simple Woman's Daybook meme, and I thought I might do so again this week.  I really enjoy occasionally taking a look at the daybook entries of other women just to get a little peek into what their daily lives are like.  It's fun to me to read their entries and to see that, while we may be miles apart, have a different number of children, have different jobs, and have different lifestyles, there are still so many things that we women (particularly those of us who are moms) have in common! 

FOR TODAY


Outside my window...it looks like it might rain a little.  The sky is beginning to get a little dark and overcast.

I am thinking...that I need to get the rest of my appointments and "things to do" copied over into my new planner that I bought yesterday.

I am thankful for...being home with my kids and for the opportunity to homeschool them!

From the learning rooms...We are having such a good school year so far!  We have completed about 6 weeks of school, and we are doing great.  We aren't procrastinating so much this year, and we are keeping up and where we need to be in most subjects. 

From the kitchen...I need to do better at menu planning.  It is so much easier on weeknights when I have a menu plan so I don't end up with a short time to cook and no idea what I'm going to make! 

I am wearing...a red shirt and bluejean capri pants and flip flops.  It hurts my feet and ankles to go barefooted too often on this stained concrete floor.

I am creating...hopefully a menu schedule!!

I am going...to help my 7-year-old clean her room when I finish this post.  You should see it!  It's a total disaster!

I am reading...several books--which drives my hubby crazy!  He can only concentrate on one at a time.  I need different books for different times.  I am reading Boy, an autobiography by Roald Dahl.  I am also reading Homeschooling for the Rest of Us by Sonya Haskins (which I will review when I finish).  I am also continuing to read the Bible in 90 Days. 

I am hoping...that we can finish our school work today before my sister and her kids get here to visit.

I am hearing...music that one of my kiddos is listening to.

Around the house...everyone is doing something quiet right now!  Wow!

One of my favorite things...is staying up after the kids are in bed to just read and relax for a few minutes before I go to bed myself. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  to make that menu plan, to finish the homeschool book I'm reading and hopefully get the review written, and to get some work stuff done that I should have finished last week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This is me with my little 5-month-old nephew, Silas, in the front carrier that he likes to snuggle in.  (Sorry about the mess in the background at my house!)  Last night I went with his mommy (my twin sister) clothes shopping.  I held Silas in the same carrier that you see in the photo while Melissa tried on clothes for both of us!  :)  I told her that I got the better end of that deal!  I love to carry Silas in this little carrier because he's always looking up at me and smiling at me! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment