Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook Entry


FOR TODAY


Outside my window...I see lots of beautiful wild birds eating out of the bird feeder that Mary Grace and I just filled.  There are cardinals, blue birds, hummingbirds, robins, and lots more! 

I am thinking...that I'll never finish everything I need to get done today!

I am thankful for...having a family, a work-from-home job, and a house even if caring for everything and everyone is difficult sometimes.

From the learning rooms...We are completely and totally enjoying our history classes through Veritas Press this year!! 

From the kitchen...I decided to have an easy supper tonight.  Sloppy Joes and homemade French fries.  Everyone in the house loves it when I make homemade fries!

I am wearing...gray capri pants (made of cotton--so comfy!!) and a white t-shirt from Mary Grace's ballet recital this past May.

I am creating...a list of 2011 homeschool conventions and conferences all over the U.S. for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine website and the next issue of the magazine.

I am going...nowhere today.  :) 

I am reading...Family Driven Faith by voddie Baucham.  It's really good so far.  I've read the first couple of chapters.

I am hoping...that I don't have another terrible dream tonight like I did last night.

I am hearing...the dishwasher running.

Around the house...everything is quiet right at this moment!

One of my favorite things...is when my two cats sit in the chair with me while I'm typing on the computer.  :)

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I need to mop my floors (a big job since we have stained concrete throughout the house).  I also need to get some serious school work done with the kiddos in the next few days.  I also plan to spend plenty of time outside each morning (even if we take our school work outside with us) while the weather is so sunny and cool!!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


                                                              Three Happy Sisters!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hello Wendy ~

    I enjoyed reading your post today...let's see:
    ~we had Sloppy Joes on Saturday night...yum
    ~love Voddie...we just watched a video Worldview Weekend conference last night on DVD (the book is great...I think you will like it too)
    ~I know what you mean about bad dreams...praying your rest is peaceful tonight
    ~we subscribe to The Old Schoolhouse...how great you review for them!
    ~love the sweet picture of you and your sisters...I have three girls (little...and four boys)

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture of you and your sisters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heidi! Fairly often when we all 3 get together we have someone take a "group" photo of us. I don't really know why--we just started doing that several years ago. This one was taken just a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete