Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hand of Fate Book Review

I recently read Hand of Fate by Lis Wiehl with April Henry.  This novel was different from the type of reading I generally do, but it was interesting for the most part.  The main character, Jim Fate, dies while on the air on his popular and controversial political radio show.  A group of friends calling themselves the Triple Threat Club become involved with his murder investigation.  The ladies in this club have a distinct set of skills as they include an FBI agent, a federal prosecutor, and a journalist.  They use these skills to uncover a surprising conclusion at the end of the book.

Overall I found the book to be entertaining.  I'm not sure, though, if I would be interested in reading more books by the same author unless the other books had  significantly different plots and characters.  I did feel that the characters were interesting, but they could have used more depth to make them seem more realistic.  Jim Fate was the most interesting character.  Learning about him second-hand was a little bit out of the ordinary--which I enjoyed.

My main thought on this book is that the book was almost predictable but not quite!  The ending wasn't actually easy to guess until the book was almost over.  Other parts of the plot, however, felt a little cliche' on occasion.  Some of the conversations felt like soap operas and "teenage talk."  In short, the book was interesting and written pretty well, but it just wasn't quite what I'm personally interested in. 

Wendy

NOTE:  This book was given to me free in exchange for writing this review.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment