Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Responsible? You Gotta Be Kidding!

I'm posting this for all of you moms who think all of the other homeschool moms have perfect families and responsible children.  The details have not been altered.  This is what really happened.  I'm not kidding. 

A few days ago I was doing laundry, got sidetracked with something else, and forgot to take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer.  I had to leave the house, so I asked my husband to please switch the clothes over.  When I got home, he told me about this conversation between him and our 14-year-old son.   

Husband:  "Hey, Noah, will you check and see if the washing machine is done?"

Son:  "Ok."  Son walks to the utility room, checks and sees that the washing machine is finished washing the clothes, and leaves the utility room.

Husband:  "So, was it finished?"

Son:  "Yes, it's finished."

Husband:  "Um.....did you put the clothes in the dryer?"

Son:  "No, I didn't."

Husband:  "Well, will you please go put the clothes in the dryer?"

Son:  "Ok."  Son goes back to the utility room and takes the clothes out of the washer and puts them in the dryer.

Husband:  "Thanks!  You did turn the dryer on, right?"

Son:  (Blank stare.)  "Uh, no, should I go do that?"

Husband:  "Yes, I think that's a very good idea."

Son goes back to the utility room for a 3rd time and starts the dryer. 

Do you feel better about your kids now?  ;)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. It's like you are peeking into my life with my l1 and 13 year old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup,
    I think it is specifically a boy thing...
    I never had the trouble I have with my boys with my girls... still struggling with, praying for, and working on my boys. Praying they will someday be Godly, responsible young men. I have a few new resources I will be using for my sons this upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard at this! Oh boy, can I relate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I've been there! Not too long ago, I found a load of wet towels in the dryer several hours after they'd been put there because my 10-year-old "forgot."

    ReplyDelete