Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Last Year's Book List

As I've visited other blogs for the last week or so, I've noticed that many people are posting lists of books they want to read in 2012.  Since I love books and reading so much, I find that it's lots of fun to read other people's lists to get ideas for books I might want to read.  I also like to write down the book and author after I finish each book.
Since 1994, I've kept a list of all the books I've read each year.  (I know!  I'm such a nerd!)  I'm sure I've forgotten to write some down here and there, but it's a pretty accurate list.  I don't know what made me think to begin my book list all those years ago.  I'm glad I did, though, because it's fun to go back and look at it.  It's also handy sometimes when I can't remember a book's title and want to reread it or recommend it to a friend. 

I'll list some of my favorites from 2011 in case you might like to read them yourself.

CHILDREN'S BOOKS

Little House on Rocky Ridge by Roger Lea MacBride
Little Farm in the Ozarks by Roger Lea MacBride
In the Land of the Big Red Apple by Roger Lea MacBride
Freddy and the Bean Home News by Walter R. Brooks
Freddy the Politician by Walter R. Brooks
Freddy and the Ignormous by Walter R. Brooks
Freddy's Cousin Weedly by Walter R. Brooks
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Basil of Baker Street by Eve Titus

OTHER BOOKS (ALL CATEGORIES)

The Me Project by Kathi Lipp
Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsburg
Me, Myself, and Bob by Phil Vischer
Becoming a Little Woman:  A Novel about Louisa May at Fruitlands byJeannine Atkins
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
Book of Days by James L. Rubart
Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
Have a New You by Friday by Dr. Kevin Leman
Steve and Me by Terri Irwin
The Martyr's Song by Ted Dekker
Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott

Did you read any especially good books last year?  I'd love to know what they were.  I might add them to my "to be read" list for 2012. 

post signature
The photo I used in this post is from:  http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2079

 


2 comments:

  1. I like reading other people's book lists too. I will probably put mine up tomorrow. The book on Alcott looks good. I'm going to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a Freddy the Pig family too!! Have you ever listened to the audio books? We read Freddy the Magician and Freddy Goes Camping.

    ReplyDelete