Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal March 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this (past) week:  
We had a busy, crazy, chaotic week this past week!  It seems like every single day something happened to throw us off schedule.  The good news is that I'm learning to be more flexible and not to let that kind of thing bother me too much.  That is a major accomplishment for me!  Woohoo!


In our homeschool this (past) week:
Believe it or not, we actually got a decent amount of work done!  The kiddos are having to learn to be a little more flexible too, and that means doing our school work in the mornings or in the afternoons (whichever works for that day) or even occasionally on weekends.  


Helpful homeschooling advice:
I've been reading and hearing from lots of homeschool moms that they just want to be outside for the beautiful weather we've been having lately.  My advice is, go outside!  I've been taking my kiddos and their work outside instead of staying cooped up in the house wishing we were out in the sunshine.  Of course I try to allow plenty of play time and/or time to sit outside and read a book or work in the flower garden or herb garden.  It's perfectly fine too, though, to take school outside.  We love it!


My favorite thing this week:
We had a wonderful time getting our herb garden started!  My younger daughter and I planted mint, oregano, basil, and thyme in our herb garden.  (In pots on the front porch.  They grow really well there.)  We also planted sunflowers (from seeds--it's a summer tradition for us), dianthus (our favorite!!  Mary Grace loves to dead-head them and watch the tons of "new" flowers that she gets), and marigolds (we love these because they can take the heat down here in the South).  


Things I'm working on:
I'm trying to get my house a little more organized!  I have too much clutter and "stuff" sitting around here and there.  I'm trying to tackle one little spot at a time so the job doesn't seem so overwhelming.  


A photo to share:
This is a rose from Mary Grace's rose garden.  We have 4 rose bushes that are already blooming and have tons more buds ready to bloom!  


What's going on at your house this week?  Gardening?  Cleaning?  Schooling?  
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hello ~ stopping by to follow you from The Crew!

    Christa~
    Fairfield Corner Academy

    ReplyDelete